The Manual D is a complete schematic drawing of the duct system including locations and sizes of trunk-lines, branch ducts, outlet registers, and inlet grilles.
Remember, before any Manual D can be performed, you’ll first need the information calculated from Manual J software which will calculate all the factors and provide the sensible and latent capacity required to heat and cool the home. This capacity is then used to match a heating and cooling system which will produce the same capacity within tolerance. This very important match-up is completed by utilizing the Manual S requirements. Once the equipment selection is completed, the duct work can now be designed using specific factors given to us by the equipment manufacture’s fan rating and pressure drop charts in which we can apply to your new duct design using Manual D requirements.
Getting a complete Manual-D done on your property plans is the best way to ensure that your heating and cooling system will deliver maximum comfort at high efficiency. It is the most recognized way to ensure that your system will be able to deliver the correct amount of air to each room.
How does the Manual “D” Duct Design process work?
- You purchase the Manual J, Manual S, and Manual D service.
- Next you send us a file with the .pdf plans of the property by uploading here on this page.
- Next, Our licensed HVAC professionals produce your complete design.
- Then we e-mail you back the comprehensive Manual J, Manual S, and Manual D based on the information you provided us.
- Finally, if you decide to use JL FINLEY CONSTRUCTION for the complete installation of your equipment and ductwork, we will credit you back 50% off of the total design cost. (Phoenix and surrounding cities only)